Tuesday, October 21, 2008
You know your a baby when....
I'll be the first to admit that I am a baby. I am scared of the dark and I'm not afraid to admit. On Tuesday's Brian has a night class and he doesn't get home till after 8pm. I am usually fine, but tonight was a different story. Hunter and I were watching House and all of the sudden I hear someone or something scratching at my door. So I mute the T.V to make sure it wasn't my wild imagination, which unfortunately tonight it wasn't. I looked out our little peep hole and couldn't see anything, but I could still hear the scratching. We don't have anything on our door so I was beginning to freak out a little. I text messaged Brian to get his butt home, but he was giving a presentation tonight and didn't get it. I was half way tempted to call the police to come and check it out, but I figured I was making a bigger deal out of it. So I called my sister Kacie, they live like 2 minutes away. She was kind enough to come over and protect me. I would have opened the door before she got there, or even before I called her, but I have Hunter with me and I didn't want something to happen where I couldn't protect him. When she got here I finally figured out what it was. The scouts in our ward put the food drive notices on my door and with the wind it was scratching the door. So by now I felt like a total dork, but Kacie was nice about and didn't tease me to much. I'm not sure why I'm telling you all this sad story, but I figure someone will get a good laugh out it, so I guess it's worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hah! That is funny. Of course the only reason it is funny is because I could see myself doing the exact same thing! I am totally scared of the dark!
LOL, to funny. I can't even tell you how many times I've had a similar experience. I even had to have the neighbor come over when I was watching Grandma at Mom and Dads to check out the house in the middle of the night.
I had the police come to my house in Utah once because when I got home the door was part way open and I was too chicken to go in and check it out by myself. I am pretty sure I just didn't get it closed all the way when I left. Kinda embarrassing, but they were nice and checked it all out for me.
HAHA I got a kick out of it! And it's so ironic that that happened to you because last night (or this morning I should say) I couldn't sleep so I woke up at 4ish and started working on my stupid 20 page journal I have to do for ethics...anyway...I was typing and heard scratching at the door and I totally freaked out when I went to see what it was. At the back door I could see through the blinds that there was a black movement and I totally thought someone was trying to break in our house...BUT it was just one of our cats that we accidentally left outside all night long. Poor thing...man, that made my heart race!!
I have been wanting to leave a comment forever! I am so busy! Hunter is so cute! He is a good mixture of both you and Brian! Your comment earlier got deleted because I had to redo my blog. I didn't realize my pictures were messed up. I enjoy giving Brian a ride home because then he keeps me awake! I hate working graveyards! Thanks for letting him ride with me. Anytime you want to go to a church function with me let me know. I hate going by myself and Maggie and Hunter would have fun together!
Post a Comment