Friday, July 17, 2009

4th of July

I had Hunter is such a cute outfit this year, a red tank top and red, white and blue plaid shorts, but he got so dirty that we had to change him and this is the only picture I have of him. Oh well.



(My mom and Aunt Deanne)

(This one's for Alissa, my Uncle Mike was sooo tired I just couldn't resist a picture of it)


This 4th was a lot of fun! We were going to go to the parade, but decided to sleep in instead, which I think was way more fun;) We got going and got the car packed with all the stuff we would need to for the day and evening. My wonderful Aunt Deanne always gets to the river really early in the morning so that her family (and I tag along) get an awesome spot. This year I think was one of the best spots. We unloaded our car at the spot down at the river and then went to the farmer's market and walked around over there. I love the farmer's market!! It was about lunch time and we crossed the street and had lunch by the river. In Idaho Falls, they close down one of our streets and bring in vendors. This year they had some really great food! Some how Hunter got sunscreen in his eyes, he was pretty miserable. We decided to take him home and give him a bath and put him down for a nap. While he was sleeping we played Monopoly and Yahtzee. About 7pm we headed back to the river and enjoyed time with my family! The fireworks were amazing. We were so close that debris from the fireworks were falling on top of us. It was so much fun!! Thanks, Deanne and Mike for letting us sit with you guys again!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a good spot! Glad you sat with us.

Mike and Deanne said...

Fun, huh? I really loved the fireworks display! I think it was the best we've ever seen!

Lynette said...

How awesome! I love I.F.'s fireworks. I'm so sad I missed them again. We really want to get up there again and I want to hang out with you and Amy so hopefully I'll get to see you next month. I'm coming up for Jessie Plazier's wedding at the end of Aug so we'll have to hang out then! So, what do they have at the farmer's market? What's your favorite? I'll have to call you and get the details!