Friday, August 7, 2009

Asthma??

I have to complain a little, it's a shocker isn't it. Hunter has had a cough for the last 2 months now. He never had a fever or runny nose. I finally took him to the doctor at week 3 and he thought that it was 2 virus' back to back. We went home, I waited for it to go away. It didn't. So at week 5 we went back. The Dr. said that it sounded like asthma, with out the wheezing and that he would treat it as if it were asthma, but he wasn't diagnosing him with asthma. So we have been giving him the medicine and it hasn't helped at all. So I finally took him back today (week 8) and the doctor more or less said that it is asthma that presents itself with a constant cough, but to make sure that it wasn't anything else he sent us for a x-ray. I can't tell you how much I hate taking Hunter to the doctor, for some reason he thinks he has to be naughty. I love the doctor that we see and he is so good with Hunter, but I think today he could read my feelings of craziness all over my face. He walked in and said "he's so cute, I'll take him for the day" "is he driving you crazy?" The only thing I could say was YES he is driving me crazy. I love my child, but man is he busy and "independent". Anyways, so filling out the paperwork at the X-ray place was, saying it nicely, a chore. We finally got called back and the tech was so good with him, but I could tell that he was really scared. He had to wear this little belt thing around his waste and stand in front of this big metal box thingy. The lady took his little hands and stood right by him, but the look of terror in his eyes was enough to almost make me cry. He was such a good boy and stood pretty still (for him anyways)!!! Later today the dr called and said that he has a slight case of pneumonia and maybe asthma. The left lung was a little inflamed so he gave us an antibiotic and an inhaler. I really hope this helps. At night he coughs so hard it wakes him up, and he is coughing throughout the day. Ok, I think this has been enough complaining for one time;) Keep your fingers crossed that this round of meds get him better!!!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I really hope this clears it up!! It is no fun to have sick kids. Hunter really is so cute!!

Mike and Deanne said...

Hey, sister! I hope you get our little Hunter feeling better! Too stressful for little Mommies! Love you guys - Deanne

Greg and Kalie said...

Oh Im so sorry. Hopefully he gets better soon. Sounds like your Dr trips are pretty exhausting! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey theге this is kіnda of off topic but I
was ωondering if blogs uѕe WYSIWYG editοrs
or іf yоu havе to manually cоdе wіth HTΜL.
ӏ'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

http://www.dfw-taxicab.com/2011/07/taxi-service-in-hurst-tx/
Visit my webpage - http://www.dfw-taxicab.com/2011/07/taxi-service-in-hurst-Tx

Anonymous said...

A fasсinatіng discussion iѕ wогth сomment.
Thеre's no doubt that that you should write more on this topic, it may not be a taboo matter but typically folks don't talκ about such subјects.
To the next! Chеers!!

Mу homeρаge http://www.tensunitsupplies.com/