Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Halloween!

On the 24th of September we went to get our pumpkins. I love the places that let you pick your own, it makes it so much FUN!!


On Thursday we decided we'd better hurry and carve our pumpkins before Halloween was over. I thought Hunter would love it, but he was scared of his pumpkin. He wouldn't even put his hand in it. Every time we would put him on the chair and ask him to help get the yucky stuff out he would shake his head NO and get down. We were letting him run around while we were carving our own pumpkins and he would get up and down off the chairs to check them out. When he gets on the chair by himself he pulls himself on to his stomach and then stands up. Well, he was doing that and the chair fell out from under him and landed on his head. His nose was bleeding a little and he had a big indent by his eyebrow, so we hurried over to our local urgent care to have him checked out. I thought he would be fine, but I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't have him looked at. He was so traumatized from the fall that he started screaming the minute the nurse walked and didn't stop till they let us go home. Poor kid!! I felt so bad for him, but he was ok, just a little upset from it all.

He was a little hip-hopper
On Friday Hunter and I both were not feeling the best. We just lounged around, but Hunter was still acting like his normal self. That night he had a fever all night long and we all didn't sleep at all. We got up Saturday and he was acting like himself again, with no fever. So Brian took him trick-or-treating while I went to work. He did great, until a man with face paint on opened his door and scared Hunter. Brian said that he let out the biggest gasp he has ever heard from a little kid. After that he wasn't thrilled about going trick-or-treating. My boss let me go home early last night because I had a fever and felt horrible, so I think we all have a virus. Let's hope tonight is better!

3 comments:

Alissa Empey said...

Looks like halloween was fun! I love you new family photo!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristy said...

Fun background! Love the pictures from the pumpkin patch, that is so fun!