Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's been awhile

Obviously I haven't blogged in a very long time. I guess I just needed a good, long break. Most everyone knows that we are expecting baby #2 in April! We found out in December that it's a GIRL!!!! Hunter is so excited to be a big brother and is loving the idea that he gets a little sister:) Brian is now back in school working on his BA in social work. He just has a few classes left!! Unfortunately, he wasn't able to find a job in law enforcement, so we decided it was best to continue his education. He is also working full time and helping lots around the house! I'm now a stay at home mom and loving it most days! I'm getting excited to hold this precious little one and have my own body back. Hunter turned 4 in October and started preschool. He absolutely LOVES it!! He learns so much and always amazes us with all that he knows. His teacher told me today that out of everyone in his class he knows the most about animals. He loves to dance, sing, and do art of any kind. He is also loving primary. Hopefully I will keep this more up to date and learn to be better at journaling.
Hunter made the cutest crown in primary for Father's Day. It says "My pop is King"
Playing at the Rexburg splash park. We went with my friend Amy and her kids. They all had a blast! You can't beat FREE:)
Hunter's first day of preschool! He was so excited and not the least bit nervous. I thought I would cry my eyes out after dropping him off, and probably would have, but that day Brian was working his security job out in the the boonies and the tire on our car blew out and 5 am. He called and told me what had happened and that just minutes after pulling to the side of the road he saw a mountain lion. I told him he needed to wait til it was light out to change the tire and he agreed. After waiting for about an hour he realized he didn't have the right tools to get the tire off, so he woke his poor dad up. It takes about an hour to get to where Brian was at, so Brian waited some more. After all of that, he needed more tools so I quickly dropped Hunter off at school(hence the no crying) and drove out to the middle of now where to give them more tools. They finally got the tire off and the spare on and drove back to town to learn we needed not only 1 new tire, but all 4. What a long morning that was!
My little cowboy on Halloween.
Our birthday boy! I bet you can't tell he was excited;) I can't believe how fast he is growing up.

2 comments:

Janelle & Brandon said...

Fun, I'm glad you are posting again!

Alissa Empey said...

Yay! She is back! Hunter looks so grown up with his back pack on.