Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Car Problems

On Saturday the 16th we went up to Alturas Lake to go camping with my aunt and uncle and my cousins. On the way up there we experienced car problems. We would be driving down the road and then the car would stall, or in my opinion just turn itself off. We finally arrived at the camp ground like 3 hours after we would have if our car was working right. We let the car sit over the weekend, hoping that it would just fix itself. YEAH RIGHT! So we left like at 7:30 am on Tuesday the 19th to go home. This time no one was following us. We figured we would have minor problems along the way home, a 4 hour trip. We only made like 20 miles from camp when our car just couldn't go any farther. I knew that my family had plans to go to Redfish Lake and that they would be passing us to get there. So we waited and waited. Finally a cowboy and cowgirl stopped to see if we needed help. We didn't have cell phone service so we decided to get into there car and go to there ranch to use there phone to get ahold my family. Scariest decision ever! I didn't want to sit on the side of the road without Brian and have a real creep stop and get us, so I figured if we were together and something bad happened to us at least we would be together. We did get ahold of my cousin and she and the rest of the group came to the rescue!! We drove to Stanley, ID where they have phone service and Brian called our insurance company to have a tow truck come and get us. Well according to our fine insurance company we don't have road side assistance even though we have been getting the little card every few months. So what now, we didn't really have a way home. My awesome aunt and uncle came to our rescue once again, they took a whole day from their vacation to tow us home. If it weren't for them we might still be on the side of the road, in the middle of now where. We just want to say thank you to Mike and Deanne and their kids for putting up with our stupid car problems and helping us out. THANKS!! We changed our fuel filter, someone told us that that might be the problem, and it worked for like a day. Now we are just waiting for Tunex to look at our car, they are going to run a diagnostic test to see what the deal is and then we have a trust worthy mechanic that will fix the problem. I just want my car back, if I had my way we would be driving a new car, but Brian is right that it would be better to fix it then have to pay for a car payment. So hopefully we will have a running car by next week!

4 comments:

Mike and Deanne said...

Hey, you guys know that we were glad to help you! And we know you would help us if needed help, that's what family is about! I hope you get the car up and running again soon! We love you guys!

Janelle & Brandon said...

Yeah, that bites! I hope your car gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Cars can be such a pain! Glad you made it home though.

Lynette said...

OH man! you poor thing! sheesh! what a vacation eh? hopefully your next one will go better. I am way excited to see you guys again!!! It's been years! I wish I could say that we will be going up there, but I think we'll only be able to make it to Lee's sealing in St. George because ...oh man, where do I start. Jared is taking 18 credits and I'm taking 14 and Jared is President of two different things for law school...plus a mediation coach. Man...I seriously thought that our busy days would be over after the summer...it's just beginning all over again. I really don't think we'll be able to make it to I.F. until Thanksgiving, but hopefully we get to see you before then. Make sure you call us when you're down again!