Monday, October 20, 2008

This house is so hot it's on FIRE!

This past weekend my friend Amy and I went to an over night scrap booking party in Ogden, UT. It was a ton of fun. On our way home we had to stop in Pocatello to drop off something at her brother's house. In the same neighborhood as her brothers house is this other house that has flames on it. I couldn't resist a picture. I guess the city of Pocatello told them they had to paint their house so they put flames on it. I guess they made their point.

Our Fun Weekend!


Amy and I had a blast! She has been asking me for like 3 years to come and do this with her and finally I did. We arrived at the hotel around 6 pm Friday night. We checked in with the lady who sets the party up and she gave us our room key. We were expecting 2 queen sized beds, which I was so excited for so I could spread out. Well we opened the door and saw that we had to share a king sized bed, which was ok. In high school we shared all the time, but now that we are married I won't deny that it was a little awkward at first. Ok, so we got all our scrap booking stuff all set up and we did like 1 page and then we decided it was time to eat. We found a Target and got way to many snacks, which by the way we never even opened, and ordered pizza. We stayed up to 3 am scrapin' away and laughing. The hotel offered the scrap bookers a buffet breakfast, so we woke up at 9 am for that, which was nasty! We sat in the hot tub, got massages, and scrap booked some more before we were totally exhausted and then we drove home. We were both so excited for a night away but were ready to see our hubby's and kids! I am so glad we did this, now we just have to convince our husbands to let us make this a yearly tradition!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend. Sometimes you need a night away from everything.

Janelle & Brandon said...

How fun, I want to get away for a night, but I don't scrapbook!

Amy and Kevin said...

Man, that was a blast! I hope our husbands will let us go again!

Anonymous said...

Too fun! I wanna do something like that someday!

Greg and Kalie said...

Hey, that sounded fun. I have heard about those scrap booking parties. I wish I had more time to do scrap booking.

Amy and Kevin said...

I need you to email me these pictures or get me copies!