Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gracie

I have been debating whether or not to post this. One morning a few months ago I couldn't sleep so I went from blog to blog and came across Gracie's blog. She has really touched me. She is a very sick little baby. She was born with a heart defect that is life threatening. Every few weeks I would check in just to see if she was doing ok. Well, the last few weeks she has gotten worse. She was going to go have a surgery done that would help her feel better, but her heart was to weak. They ended up listing her for a heart transplant. One week later she got one, except it wasn't a good heart. No one had any idea that it wasn't going to be a good heart until after they placed it in Gracie. She is now on life support and waiting for the doctors to decided what is best for her. I don't even know this family, but have been praying for a miracle. I just thought that the more people that know about her, the more prayers, the better chance she has of making it through this difficult time. As a mother, I could never even imagine this type of thing happening to my baby. If something were to happen I would want as many people praying for my baby, so that is why I finally decided to post this. If you want to read more about her and her family here is the link to her blog http://thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Mindy said...

She's beautiful! My friend is due in a few weeks and she's having a little boy that has the same problem. It's so sad...I'm soooo grateful that Addy is healthy and strong.

Janelle & Brandon said...

That is so sad! I hope they can find another heart for her.

Kristy said...

These stories just break my heart. I can't imagine being the mom, how sad. I hope it all works out.

Anonymous said...

Sooo sad! Makes you so grateful for healthy kids, and so sympathetic to this families trials.

Lynette said...

Ohhhh. That is so heart-wrenching to hear about stuff like that. We will definitely keep them in our prayers. Thanks for sharing.