Saturday, April 28, 2012

Introducing...

On April 6th we welcomed our newest member of our family! Aubrie RaNae was born at 10:33pm weighing 7lbs 5oz and measuring  20in. My due date was April 10th, but my doctor was going to be out of town that week so he decided to induce me on Friday the 6th. It was also my 27th  birthday:) I went into the hospital at 9am and they checked me in and got me situated and started the pit by 10am. Labor went SLOW. The doctor came over on his lunch break and tried to break my water, but it was still to high and he wasn't able to do it, bummer! The nurse thought for sure that he would break it so we decided to go ahead and get the epidural so that when labor started to get worse I would be comfortable. I wasn't even really feeling the contractions up to this point, so I was scared to get the epidural since I didn't feel like I needed it yet. The anesthesiologist  came in and got started. After he got the line in place he tested it to make sure it was good to go and unfortunately it wasn't working. He had to take it out and do it over. I didn't remember how weird it feels to get an epidural. The first time the line ended up kinked, kinda scary! Once everything was good, my blood pressure dropped a little low so they had to give me some meds to help it come back up. Finally things were good and the waiting game resumed. I waited and only progressed 1-2cm until 4:30pm. The doctor was able to break my water and things started going a little faster, but not much. Finally after 12.5 hours she arrived!! We couldn't be happier. She has such a sweet little spirit and we are so blessed to have her part of our family.




Big brother meeting his new little sister! He sure does love her alot:)
Going home! She had a little melt down getting into her carseat. She still hates getting into it.




My cousin Holli was kind enough to do newborn pictures for us! We also had Hunter be part of a few of them. Aubrie was content until we undressed her. She screamed her little head off the rest of the time. Hunter just wanted to keep playing with all of their fun toys, so it was a little bit of a struggle to make him look like he wanted to be there lol.





3 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

So precious Jessica! She is beautiful! I remember doing pictures when Emma was 2 weeks old...it was so hard and I think I left crying and exhausted! Caleb wasn't too hip on doing pictures so that made it even harder. Aubrie's pictures turned out great! Congrats to you all!!!

Mindy said...

Congrats Jessica!! She's adorable! I had no idea you'd had her already! That is such a long labor..I'm glad things ended up okay. She's beautiful and I wish I could meet her and hold her! Hope things are going great and you're adjusting to 2:)

Janelle & Brandon said...

She is so pretty! I can't wait to meet her. Holli got some good pics