This was Aubrie's first bath at home. She didn't love it. She cried the whole time, but now she loves them and just relaxes!
On April 21st IF had a kids fair. Dora the Explorer and Deigo were there! We waited in line for over an hour to get 1 quick picture. I'm not sure we will ever go again. They didn't have much to look at, but Hunter was excited about Dora and that made it worth it.
On April 24th Brian had an appointment at the VA in SLC. Aubrie was only 2 weeks old so we decided that it was best to not bring her into the hospital with all the gross germs. I was planning on taking Hunter up to a park near the zoo, but he said he wanted to go to the Temple. I thought that sounded much more fun! We dropped Brian off and we made our way back to Temple Square. It was time to feed the baby so we did that near the parking garage entrance of the Joseph Smith building. I kept telling Hunter he had to be super good because you never know who you might see on the temple grounds. We have been plenty of times and have never seen anyone "special", but this time I noticed a couple of guys that looked like they belonged in the secret service. I was taking pictures of Hunter near one of the fountains and decided to go over by the tabernacle. I noticed a golf cart with 3 men dressed in suits coming towards us. As they got closer I could tell that it was 2 apostles, Pres Boyd K Packer and Elder Russell M Nelson. It was just Hunter, me and the baby and they stopped and asked if they could shake our hands. Hunter was very good and just stood there as we talked. Pres Packer told Hunter how much he liked his red hair and Elder Nelson told Hunter how grateful they were for him. You could tell how sincere he was. It was definitely a very special experience!
I took this picture of Aubrie on her changing table. I thought it was silly:) To me, she doesn't look like herself at all, but it's still a cute one! This was on her 4 weeks mark. I can't believe how fast the first 4 weeks have gone. It makes me sad. She is now completely out of her newborn clothes and just about into size 1 diapers. She is a stinker at night. She doesn't sleep very deep so I am constantly putting her binky. She falls asleep about midnight and wakes up between 4 and 6am, but won't let us lay her back in her bed. I'm hoping this changes quickly!! I'm trying harder to just lay her in her bed during the day so she gets more use to that. Having an older brother that likes to make lots of noise during the day makes it hard for her to stay asleep.
Hunter is one proud big brother. He can't get enough of her. Honestly, I feel like we are always telling him to leave her alone. He wants to help ALL the time, and usually ends up making her mad haha. I'm very happy that he loves her so much and wants to help instead of being jealous and being mad at her.
1 comment:
Fun, I'll have to take my boys to the museum one of these days
Post a Comment