For a few years Brian and I have talked about how we would love to be able to have our own garden. Since we live in an apartment that just hasn't happened. Last year a few different couples in our ward had gardens on the outskirts of the church farm south of town and that seemed like something we could do! I was lucky enough to be able to get one of those plots this year!!! A full plot is 50ftX80ft or they have half plots. The helpers on the farm actually tilled it, and they water it for us! There are around 20 spots available, so I'm so happy we were able to get one!!! We decided to go with a half plot and I'm glad we did! I'm not sure we will even fill up a half plot. I'm excited to use my blog as a journal of sorts for our garden. It might be really boring if there are actually people still looking at our blog, lol.
So far we have planted 3 rows of red potatoes, 6 rows of yellow and red onions, and 2 rows of carrots. We still plan on planting peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and broccoli. It feels a little overwhelming right now, but this will be a great learning experience! Hopefully I will be good about updating what we have learned works well here in Idaho.
2 comments:
That's so cool! I'm jealous! You'll love it, and Hunter will love helping too! Way to go!
Yay! We finally have internet at our house so now I can blog stock you again :) That's awesome you guys get to do a huge garden, good luck! I love Aubrie's new born pics, she is so adorable. I really need to get my blog going again :/
Post a Comment