
On Saturday(20th) we went to Lake Tahoe! It was soooo pretty!! I have never been there, so I'm glad we were able to go see it. It's only about 40ish minutes from my mom's house. You leave being in the desert and end up in the mountains, it's breath taking. There was still lots of snow in the higher parts, but not too much left on the ground near the shore and shops. Hunter had such a good time running around and picking up the gigantic pine cones. I have a picture of him holding one the size of his head, I need to find it!!

In this picture Hunter is standing in a land mark monument. It shows the depth and width of the lake. The lake is HUGE!!
Because it's winter the water has receded alot, so there are crab remains along the shore. I have never seen a blue crab so it was fun to see all the claws. This one was about the size of my palm, and the biggest one we found.



Hunter had fun drawing in the sand! He had lots of fun in Lake Tahoe!!


On the Monday(22nd) we went up to Virginia City, NV. It's an old mining town in the Sierra NV mountains. It's 6200ft Elevation. It was so fun to walk around this town. It's as if we took a step back in time. There were a few museums and lots of gift shops. They had 2 different underground tours of the mine. We didn't get to go, but hopefully next time!
Brian was arrested while we were there, it's a good thing I was there to bail him out or he might have been hung ;)
I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture but it says Hangings First of the Month, LOL!
This is one of the old mansions. I love all the character it has!! While we were there we were able to see the famous Suicide Table. The table started out as a banking table which eventually turned into a gambling table. Men would bet there whole life...money, cattle, stocks, homes, etc...on one flip of the card, and when they lost they would take their gun out and shot themselves right at the table. It happened so often that it became known as the Suicide Table.
On Friday(26th) we went to The Harrah Collection National Automobile Museum. It was very interesting!! The first picture is the oldest car the have, it's from 1892. They had lots of very nice cars! I was very surprised that Hunter let us spend so much time just looking! He was a champ on this trip!!!
This is a tunnel that I thought was cool. It goes right through the mountain. I have never been through one, so I took a picture. Hunter thought it was the coolest thing ever, he said "WEEEEEEE" and wanted to go through it again.I'm glad that we took this long trip, it was alot of fun!! Thanks mom for letting us crash at your place!!
5 comments:
How fun! It looks like you guys really enjoyed Brian's time off. I am glad you got to have some fun :)
Looks like you had a great time! You deserve it!
What a fun trip! Tons of neat things to see!
How fun! I've never been to Reno- Lake Tahoe looks so pretty! I'm glad you guys had a good time! Love ya!
What a fun trip! I went to Reno and Lake Tahoe for spring break when I was at Ricks. One of my roommates was from Reno.
Post a Comment